Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2011

RSA Competition Project - Posters & Publication

Brief:

This project is especially for secondary school kids, to show and demonstrate what powerful things design can do.

Task: Create 6 A3 poster ideas




For this project I decided to involve the technique of screen-printing. To introduce this medium to secondary school kids as an activity because out of my research I discovered that kids these days are too much involved in virtual games > this was the point when I created my first poster design:



The main poster was to create an information design piece to especially show and demonstrate secondary school kids the process HOW to screen-print in an easy visual way> Red & Blue screen-print on summerset paper



My main focus within this project was to show what the medium of screen-printing could do but at the same time involving a quote, which makes people think…

Here I’m demonstrating the 3D effect with 2 colours made in print:




The technique of 4 colour (CMYK) screen-printing was important for me to include because with this process it is possible to print images so that the look like pictures.



The message says: Isn’t it great when ideas just wok?

I took this phrase in combination with the idea of printing on acetate. Printing every layer on a separate acetate and when they overlap the give the full image.




Last but not least. The idea of fooling the eye>

Text: “Design has the power to mess around with your eyes.”





Publication:

Japanese- Bookbinding








































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen